The British Institute of Interior Design (BIID) has announced the first guest speakers for its 2017 annual conference; Inside Knowledge: The BIID Business Success Conference. This year’s conference, taking place on Thursday 8th June, will be focussed on practical professional support to help interior designers develop their businesses. Programme speakers include:
- Karen Howes; designer and entrepreneur, Karen is the driving force behind the success of London-based interior design practice Taylor Howes. Founded in 1993, Karen has expanded and cemented the reputation of Taylor Howes as one of the world’s leading interior design practices.
- Colin Jones; Colin is a partner in Hewitsons Construction team and a member of a number of its focus groups, including Charity, Education, Sports and CleanTech Groups. Colin is a highly experienced legal adviser, acting for developers, contractors, design and construction professionals, construction product manufacturers, funders and occupiers. He acts for UK and European, public and private sector, charity and education clients.
- Lori Pinkerton-Rolet; Lori is a Past President of the BIID and has been Director of Park Grove Design since 1993, with projects in international hospitality, healthcare, residential and development sectors within their portfolio.
- Charles Leon; In 1994, Charles established his own design practice, Charles Leon Associates which specialised in hospitality and residential design. In 2010, he was joined by Nicholas Black and in 2014 they formed the partnership Leon Black. Charles is currently on the Council of the BIID where he is head of the Education Committee, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts (RSA) and is also a guest lecturer at Middlesex University.
- Susie Rumbold; Susie is the President of the BIID. Susie is a longstanding member of the Institute and became BIID President after holding several key roles including CPD Director and Vice President. Susie is the Founder and Creative Director of Tessuto, a successful, multidisciplinary design studio, based in London.
Inside Knowledge: the BIID business success conference is a one day event for busy designers, balancing the demands of designing complex interior spaces with marketing, PR, branding, business planning, negotiating, people management and much more. It is the only UK conference developed for and by working interior designers. Through a programme of talks, panels and case studies speakers will share knowledge, practical skills and best practice with attendees.
The new format has been developed to deliver real and actionable guidance as well as strategic insights and practical ideas that interior designers can apply to their business. Taking place on Thursday 8th June, this year’s event will be hosted at 30 Euston Square, London.
“Our aim is to help attendees build a thriving interior design business. We want delegates to go back to work the next day with ideas they can apply to their business straight away” comments Susie Rumbold, President of the BIID, “Our programme features talks from experienced designers who will be able to share real-life insights and advice.”
Last years’ conference brought together over 250 attendees from across the design spectrum, including BIID members, design professionals, academics, design students and media. Complete with an inspirational talk from the charismatic Karim Rashid and an insightful session with the celebrated designer Orla Kiely, it was a day to remember.